Garlic Shrimp Stuffed Sweet Mini Peppers au Gratin
·1/2 cup butter
·5 garlic cloves, finely diced
·1/4 white onion, diced
·2 fresh serrano peppers, finely diced
·1/2 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and diced
·salt and pepper
·1/2 cup olive oi, as needed
·15 to 20 mini bell peppers, from costco
·1/2 lb. monterey jack cheeswe, grated
How to Make Garlic Shrimp Stuffed Sweet Mini Peppers au Gratin
- Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter over medium heat in large skillet. Add garlic, onions and Serrano peppers. Saute til onions are translucent.
- Add diced shrimp to skillet and cook til shrimp is opaque. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil slowly in skillet to 300. Keep temperature below 350 to prevent bitterness. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fry the peppers til tender and then put on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Make small cut along side of each pepper and remove seeds. Stuff with shrimp mixture. Put stuffed peppers in lightly oiled pan. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or til cheese is lightly browned. Let stand for a few minutes and serve warm. Serves 10 to 12.