★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 lb
- medium or large shrimp with heads on
- 8-10 clove
- 1/2 c
- olive oil
- 1 lb
- mexican fresh cheese (queso fresco) or parmesan cheese
- handful of chile de arbol (dry red mexican chiles)
- pepper to taste
- 1 large
- loaf of artisan bread for dipping
How to Make El Diablo Shrimp
- 1Heat oil in a large shallow pan on medium heat.
- 2Add a handful of chile de arbol (found in any store that sells mexican products). Sautee until a dark red color and oil is infused with flavor.
- 3Once the chilis are nice and toasty, remove them from the pan on a seperate plate and sprinkle with cheese and garlic salt. Leave the oil in the pan.
- 4Next add the shrimp and sautee until an opaque pink color.
- 5While the shrimp is cooking, mince the garlic good and add to the shrimp while sauteeing.
- 6Sautee for another 2-3 minutes then add the parmesan cheese if desired then cover with lid or if you would prefer the mexican cheese remove shrimp from the pan onto a pasta dish or big serving bowl. then drizzle the olive oil from the pan over the shrimp.
- 7At this point toss with garlic salt and add the
queso fresco (fresh mexican cheese) and pepper and enjoy dipping the bread and eating the shrimp with a ice cold beer.