2 lb16-20 count shrimp, shelled and deveined
20 largejalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise
2 can(s)sliced water chestnuts
2 pkgsliced bacon
3 Tbspcajun seasoning (see recipe in "the basics"
How to Make Demon Fingers
- Season shrimp liberally with Cajun seasoning.
- Place one shrimp (with tail toward the pointed end) in jalapeno half.
- Break one slice of water chestnut in half, placing each half side by side along shrimp.
- Wrap jalapeno, shrimp and water chestnut with a piece of bacon and secure with toothpick.***
- Repeat steps until the remaining shrimp are used.
- Grill until bacon is done to taste and shrimp will be perfectly cooked.
- ***NOTE – Depending on the bacon, a full slice may not be required. Simply cut off unused portion and save for breakfast.