Cuban glazed shrimp with citrus rum sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/2 cup each honey and fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup dark rum or mango rum
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
How to Make Cuban glazed shrimp with citrus rum sauce
- 1preheat broiler with rack 3 to 4 inches from element. Line a baking sheet with foil with a rack on top. Lightly coat rack with nonstick spray.
- 2Whisk cornstarch and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3Heat honey, orange juice, rum, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, garlic, and ginger in a medium pan over high until boiling. Whisk in cornstarch mixture and cook until thick, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- 4Stir in cilantro and reserve 1/2 cup sauce for basting and remaining for dipping.
- 5Flip shrimp and baste, with sauce. Broil shrimp until pink, curled, and opaque, one or two minutes more, then serve with dipping sauce. Makes 10 servings