Cream Cheese and Crab Sushi Rolls
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cuncooked white rice
2 Tbsprice vinegar
2 sheet(s)nori (seaweed)
1/4cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
2pieces surimi (imitation crab legs)
1 1/2 ozcream cheese, thinly sliced lengthwise
1 tspfresh ginger root, minced
How to Make Cream Cheese and Crab Sushi Rolls
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in rice vinegar and salt. Allow to cool completely.
- Lay out seaweed sheets. Moisten hands with water, then spread the rice evenly on each sheet, leaving a 1/2 inch gap along one edge, lengthwise. Arrange strips of cucumber, imitation crabmeat, and cream cheese in a straight line along the side opposite of the gap. Roll the sushi from the toppings to the exposed end of the the seaweed sheet.
- Using a sharp wet knife, slice each roll into 5 or 6 pieces.
- Serve with minced ginger on the side.