Cream Cheese and Crab Sushi Rolls
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
- 1 c
- uncooked white rice
- 2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- rice vinegar
- 1 tsp
- 2 sheet(s)
- nori (seaweed)
- cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- pieces surimi (imitation crab legs)
- 1 1/2 oz
- cream cheese, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tsp
- fresh ginger root, minced
How to Make Cream Cheese and Crab Sushi Rolls
- 1Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 2Stir in rice vinegar and salt. Allow to cool completely.
- 3Lay out seaweed sheets. Moisten hands with water, then spread the rice evenly on each sheet, leaving a 1/2 inch gap along one edge, lengthwise. Arrange strips of cucumber, imitation crabmeat, and cream cheese in a straight line along the side opposite of the gap. Roll the sushi from the toppings to the exposed end of the the seaweed sheet.
- 4Using a sharp wet knife, slice each roll into 5 or 6 pieces.
- 5Serve with minced ginger on the side.