★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgwonton wrappers
1 pkgcream cheese, softened
1 pkgimitation crabmeat
1 jar(s)duck sauce
·oil for frying
2 Tbspcorn starch
How to Make Crab Rangoon
- Clean and cut the scallions, white and green into 1 inch pieces.
- In a food processor place the crab and scallion pieces. Pulse until chopped fine.
- Add the cream cheese and pulse until all the ingredients are incorporated. Chill in the refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until firm.
- Take the won-tons and open them then place them under a clean cloth to prevent them from drying out.
- Mix the water and corn starch together in a separate bowl. Set it next to your work area with another clean cloth for wiping your hands.
- Take one won-ton and place it in front of you with the corners pointing North, South, East, and West. Ignore this step if the won-tons you bought are round. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of the won-ton.
- To seal take your finger and wet it with the corn starch mixture. draw a line on the edge of the won-ton running from East to South to West. Bring the North corner down to meet the South corner and press to seal. Then press out all the air starting at the filling and ending at the edge, then press to seal. Place on a plate and start another. Continue until you run out of either the filling or won-ton wrappers.
- It is important to not have the won-tons touching or they will stick together and tear. In between each layer place either wax or parchment paper, plastic wrap, or tin foil to prevent this from happening
- Make sure you oil is up to temperature and drop in some won-tons. Fry until the are slightly golden and floating.
- Drain and serve with the duck sauce.