1 Lbcrab meat (picked over well)
1/2 lbbutter softened to room temp
1 Tbspmayonnaise (please use the brand you love)
1/2 tspgarlic powder, ( garlic salt can be used in a pinch)
1 tspseasoned salt (make your own see tips)
12english muffins ( i use thomas)
25oz jars kraft old english cheese spread
How to Make Crab Muffins
- Soften butter and cheese spread to room temperature, beat well with mixer with the garlic powder, Mayo & season salt.
- Gently fold in picked over crab meat, spread over English muffins halves. Cut with a sharp knife in to four sections and freeze they do cut easier if they are slightly frozen.
- Place on a sheet pan, cookie sheet whatever will fit in your freezer freeze till completely frozen. Sometimes I will put a sheet of wax or parchment paper on the pan but it is not necessary. Package in freezer bags and store.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, take out as many as you are in the mood for and heat for 10-15 minutes until hot & bubbly and as brown as you like.
- Tips: you see here it says to make your own season salt, there are many variations of season salt personally I skipped this step altogether as most call for garlic powder so it just depends on what mood I am in if I want some onion powder or salt I just toss in a bit so on and so forth most of the time all I add is the garlic powder feel free as always to tailor it to your liking I will post some salt recipes I have found. This season blend can also but used on chicken, fish, pork ect.
- Season Salt recipes:Combine. Blend thoroughly, put into a shaker and use in place on other seasonings
#2- 6 tablespoons salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
2 1/4 teaspoons paprika
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
#3- 2 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. onion salt
1 tsp. garlic salt