I had forgotten all about it until recently when I was hosting a Mystery Dinner Party that took place on the Mississippi river in 1905 and I made it for the appetizer table. I made it in a fish mold. Again it was a great success.
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
8 ozcream cheese
1envelope unflavored gelatin, softened in 1/4 cup water
8 ozlump crab meat
1 ccelery, finely chopped
1/4 cscallions, finely chopped
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 tspworecestershire sauce
1/4 tspseasoned salt
How to Make Crab Mousse
- Grease a 3 cup seafood mold (or a bowl). Combine soup, cream cheese and softened gelatin in a saucepan and heat until hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir well to make sure the gelatin is completely dissolved and there are no lumps.
- Add the crabmeat, celery, scallions, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt. Stir gently but thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared mold and smooth top with spatula or knife. Cover with plastic wrap. Transfer to refrigerator and chill until fire, about 3 to 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap and loosen edges of the mousse by running a knife around the sides. Invert onto serving dish. The mousse will slip out in a few minutes.
- Serve with crackers or toast points.