Crab In A Blanket !
These are delightful to serve at brunches, parties or pot luck dinners. They are very easy to make, but look like you have been slaving.... tee hee!
*** you can also make other fillings to make a variety to set out.
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1/3 c
- whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp
- each: salt and pepper
- 2 clove
- garlic (minced fine)
- 1/2 c
- brick cheese (shredded)
- 1/3 c
- fresh chives (minced)
- 1/2 c
- toasted pecans (chopped small)
- 3/4 lb
- fresh lump crab meat (cooked)
- 36 slice
- melted butter or margarine
- fresh parsley
How to Make Crab In A Blanket !
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Beat together the cream cheese, lemon juice, whipping cream, salt, pepper and garlic with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes until smooth. Add the shredded cheese, chives and nut and mix for 1 minute. Stir in the crab meat. Set aside until needed.
- 3Cut the crust off of the slices of bread (save the crusts to make bread crumbs for future use).
Using a rolling pin, roll out each slice of bread to about 1/8 inch thick.
- 4Put about 1-1/2 Tablespoons of the crab filling on the diagonal across the bread. Overlap opposite corners of the bread at the center. Use a toothpick to hold in place (if needed).
- 5Place these on a ungreased baking pan. Brush the tops of these with melted butter.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
*** You may choose to garnish with fresh parsley sprigs (optional). Serve right away.