Crab In A Blanket !
These are delightful to serve at brunches, parties or pot luck dinners. They are very easy to make, but look like you have been slaving.... tee hee!
*** you can also make other fillings to make a variety to set out.
1 pkg(8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 tsplemon juice
1/3 cwhipping cream
1/4 tspeach: salt and pepper
2 clovegarlic (minced fine)
1/2 cbrick cheese (shredded)
1/3 cfresh chives (minced)
1/2 ctoasted pecans (chopped small)
3/4 lbfresh lump crab meat (cooked)
·melted butter or margarine
How to Make Crab In A Blanket !
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat together the cream cheese, lemon juice, whipping cream, salt, pepper and garlic with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes until smooth. Add the shredded cheese, chives and nut and mix for 1 minute. Stir in the crab meat. Set aside until needed.
- Cut the crust off of the slices of bread (save the crusts to make bread crumbs for future use).
Using a rolling pin, roll out each slice of bread to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Put about 1-1/2 Tablespoons of the crab filling on the diagonal across the bread. Overlap opposite corners of the bread at the center. Use a toothpick to hold in place (if needed).
- Place these on a ungreased baking pan. Brush the tops of these with melted butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
*** You may choose to garnish with fresh parsley sprigs (optional). Serve right away.