Crab Delight Croissants... Plus a How To Video
Andy Anderson !
When I was at Annapolis (many years ago), I used to go to this pub and feast down on their pretzels with crab… Absolutely loved them. Now, many years later, I've recreated the crab part (and that’s what we’re here to make), but instead of doing these on soft pretzels, first, we’re going to use nice butter-toasted croissants, and second we’re going to stuff them into small red potatoes, and make an awesome appetizer.
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- old bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground, black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp
- sugar, granulated variety
- 1/2 tsp
- sushi vinegar, or white vinegar, i prefer sushi
- salt, to taste
- 8 oz
- crabmeat, backfin works for me
- 1/2 c
- colby cheese, shredded
- 2 g
- green onions, sliced, white parts only
How to Make Crab Delight Croissants... Plus a How To Video
- 4Pick over the crabmeat to find any leftover pieces of shell; but be ginger, and try not to work so hard that you break up the crab. It should stay as clumpy as possible.
- 5Carefully, and I mean very carefully fold the crabmeat, into the cream cheese mixture.
- 7That’s it for the crabmeat part… the next part is in deciding how you want to serve it.
- 8CRABMEAT CROISSANTS (about 8 medium croissants)
- 12Carefully spread a nice thick layer of the crabmeat spread on the toasted croissant bottom, and top off with a nice sprinkling of the cheese.
- 14Just before serving, spread some melted butter to the reserved top half of the croissant.
- 15Set a rack in the second to the highest position and set the oven to broil. Add the croissants on an unlined baking sheet (if you use parchment paper, it will burn), and broil for just about 2 or 3 minutes… the top half should be buttered side up. And, of course, the bottom half should be crabmeat side up.
Keep an eye out because it will happen quickly. The cheese should be bubbling and the tops slightly browned.
- 17SMALL RED POTATOES (makes about 20 appetizers)
- 18Boil some small red potatoes in a pot of water, until cooked, about 20 minutes.
- 19Slice the potatoes in half, and using a melon baller (or whatever you have handy), scoop out the inner flesh, but leave about a 1/4-inch thick wall.
- 20Put one heaping tablespoon of the crabmeat spread into the cavity of the red potatoes, and then bake and serve as we did for the croissants.