CRAB AND CREAM CHEESE WON TONS w/ CHINESE HOT MUSTARD SAUCE
Jo Anne Sugimoto
1/2 lbcrabmeat, drained, chopped
1 tspworcestershire sauce
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1 pkgcream cheese, room temperature (8 oz.)
1/2 cgreen onion, finely chopped (opt.)
3dozen or so, won ton pi, (wrappers)
CHINESE HOT MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE
AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DIRECTIONS.
How to Make CRAB AND CREAM CHEESE WON TONS w/ CHINESE HOT MUSTARD SAUCE
- Except the won ton pi, combine all the ingredients to form a paste-like consistency.
- Place a spoonful of the crab mixture in the center of the pi. Fold diagonally and seal the edges with a finger dipped in water.
- Place a few won tons in hot oil, about 350 degrees. Deep fry till golden brown. Do not turn your back on them, they could burn.
- Serve with chinese hot mustard sauce.
- CHINESE HOT MUSTARD SAUCE: Chinese Mustard Powder, water and soy sauce. Mix 1 tsp of powder with 1 tsp of water to reconstitute into a paste, crush the little lumps of powder with your spoon. When the paste is smooth, add a little soy sauce and mix well, add more to taste.