Copy Cat Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Sauce like Red Lobster's.
1 1/2 ccorn starch - divided
2 cplain bread crumbs
2 csweetened coconut flakes
1 1/2 cliquid pina colada drink mix - divided
2 Tbsppowdered sugar
1/3 cspiced rum if desired
1 lbraw jumbo shrimp - peeled, deveined, butterflied if desired
1/3 csour cream
1/3 ccanned crushed pineapple - drained
·enough oil in your pan for frying or use eletric fryer
How to Make Copy Cat Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Sauce like Red Lobster's.
- Place 1 cup corn starch in a bowl; set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, 1/2 cup corn starch and coconut flakes in a separate bowl; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup pina colada drink mix, powdered sugar and rum if desired in a separate bowl; set aside
- Coat shrimp in corn starch, then dip in pina colada mixture, then in coconut mixture, back into pina colada mixture and back into coconut mixture.
- Carefull drop each coated shrimp into 375 degree oil, fry until golden brown, drain on a brown paper bags.
- To make sauce for dipping.
- Combine 1/2 cup pina colada drink mix, sour cream and pineapple, stir and place in a bowl.
- Dip fried shrimp in the sauce and enjoy.
- * Also can be baked on a greased cookie sheet at 450 or until golden brown or broiled in your oven. Watch not to burn them.