★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cshredded coconut
1/2 cplain bread crumbs
dash(es)ground cayenne pepper
1 1/2 lbuncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
12 ozcocktail sauce
1/4 tspground ginger
How to Make COCONUT SHRIMP WITH GINGERED COCKTAIL SAUCE
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Line large cookie sheet with foil; lightly spray foil with cooking spray.
- In food processor, place coconut, bread crumbs, salt, and ground cayenne pepper; process 10 seconds to mix slightly. Place in pie pan or shallow dish.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels; place in medium bowl.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat honey over low heat just until melted. Pour over shrimp; toss to coat.
- Roll shrimp in coconut mixture to coat; place in single layer on cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and coconut begins to brown.
- In small serving bowl, mix cocktail sauce and ground ginger.
- Arrange shrimp on serving platter; serve with sauce.