★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- shredded coconut
- 1/2 c
- plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 lb
- uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 c
- 12 oz
- cocktail sauce
- 1/4 tsp
- ground ginger
How to Make COCONUT SHRIMP WITH GINGERED COCKTAIL SAUCE
- 1Heat oven to 425ºF.
- 2Line large cookie sheet with foil; lightly spray foil with cooking spray.
- 3In food processor, place coconut, bread crumbs, salt, and ground cayenne pepper; process 10 seconds to mix slightly. Place in pie pan or shallow dish.
- 4Pat shrimp dry with paper towels; place in medium bowl.
- 5In 1-quart saucepan, heat honey over low heat just until melted. Pour over shrimp; toss to coat.
- 6Roll shrimp in coconut mixture to coat; place in single layer on cookie sheet.
- 7Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and coconut begins to brown.
- 8In small serving bowl, mix cocktail sauce and ground ginger.
- 9Arrange shrimp on serving platter; serve with sauce.