Preparing these is a family affair. My three boys and husband do the shucking (which really is the worst part) while I prepare the bacon and sauce.
As you can see, I make at least 100 of these and I never have leftovers. I'm not even a big clam lover but I love these.
- little neck clams (shucked and rinsed well to get rid of any shell residue). ok, the worst part is over. discard the top shell and leave the clam in the bottom shell.
- 1/2 stick
- olive oil
- 2-3 clove
- garlic, minced
- yellow pepper -minced
- 1/2 lb
- bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
- pepper and parsely flakes
How to Make Clams Casino
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place clams (in their half shell) in jelly roll pans or any type of roasting pans - just make sure the pan has a lip so juices don't run off.
- 3In a medium sauce pan melt the butter and then add the equivalent amount of the olive oil - about 1/4 cup.
- 4Add the garlic, parsley, pepper, juice from the lemons and yellow pepper to the butter/oil. Cook until the pepper becomes slightly soft.
- 5Meanwhile - place the bacon on a paper towel covered plate, cover with another paper towel and microwave. The bacon should be cooked but still soft - not crunchy. You'll have to do this in a few batches.
- 6Top each clam with 1/2 tsp. of the sauce and then top with one piece of bacon.
- 7Cook for approximately 8 minutes. Serve immediately. They will be gone in no time! ;-)