Chowder Joe's Shrimp
1 bag(s)thawed raw shrimp
1 1/2 bottlebeer (not light)
5 clovegarlic, minced
1chicken bouillon cube
2 1/2 Tbspcrushed red pepper
2 1/2 Tbsponion powder
1/2 Tbspgarlic salt
How to Make Chowder Joe's Shrimp
- Set the wooden skewers to soak in water and lemon juice. (Use half the lemon and squeeze the juice into the water with the skewers.) Coat the skewers with a 1/2 tblsp of red pepper, garlic salt and onion powder. *Skewers are best when soaked over night, but I've done it in an hour*
- Once the skewers have been soaked, place the shrimp onto the skewers. (Leave the tails on.) Lay shrimp skewers on baking sheet.
- On medium heat, melt together the beer, minced garlic, chicken bouillon cube and the lemon juice from the second half of the lemon. Also add in all of the remaining dry ingredients.
- When everything has melted, brush the shrimp with the mixture and refrigerate until ready to grill. (If you have any left over sauce, keep it until you're ready to grill the shrimp.)
- Grill the shrimp until nice and pink. If you do have remaining beer/butter mixture, throw it in the microwave (if it solidified) and continue to brush on the shrimp while you're grilling.
- Enjoy the shrimp!!