- 4 to 5
- nice sized fillet of tillapia or white fish
- juice of fresh lime (must be fresh)
- 1 medium
- sweet onion chopped finely
- 1/2 c
- chopped finely celery
- large jalapeno pepper chopped finely
How to Make Ceviche (Panama/Costa Rica
- 1Squeeze the juice of the limes and set aside.
- 2Cut fish into very small pieces and add salt.
- 3Place fish into a glass bowl and add lime juice. ( I always use a glass container because metal bowls might give the fish a different tast because of the lime juice. ) COVER THE BOWL AND LET IT SIT OVERNIGHT IN THE REFRIGERATOR. You will notice that the fish will become a real white color after it has COOKED in the lemon juice.
- 43 hours before serving, finely chop celery, onion and jalapeno peppers and add to the fish and lemon juice. Mix well and serve with saltine crackers.
- 5In Costa Rica, seafood cocktail sauce is missed with the fish and other ingredients. My family loves it both ways like it both ways.