California Crepe Rolls
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Cooking Light Magazine, April 1999.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 3/4 cwater
2 Tbsprice vinegar
1 1/2 Tbspsugar
1 cuncooked short-grain rice
1/4 cwater, divided
3 Tbsplow-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbspwasabi powder
10crepes, homemade or purchased
20 smallspinach leaves
30 mediumshrimp, cooked and peeled
20 slicepeeled avocado peeled (about 1 avocado, 1/8-inch thick)
5 tspsesame seeds, toasted
How to Make California Crepe Rolls
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cool slightly (rice will be sticky).
- Combine 2 tablespoons water and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water and wasabi powder in a small bowl.
- Gently spread about 1/4 cup rice mixture over 1 crepe using moist fingertips. Place 2 spinach leaves on lower third of crepe. Arrange 3 shrimp and 2 avocado slices over spinach. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds. Roll up crepe jelly-roll fashion, pressing seam to seal.
- Cut roll crosswise into 4 slices. Repeat procedure with the remaining crepes, rice mixture, spinach, shrimp, avocado slices, and sesame seeds.
- Serve with soy sauce mixture and wasabi sauce.
- Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 4 crepe slices, 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce mixture, and about 1/2 teaspoon wasabi sauce).
- CALORIES 201 (21% from fat); FAT 4.6g (sat 0.9g, mono 2g, poly 1g); PROTEIN 12.8g; CARB 26.5g; FIBER 1.2g; CHOL 80mg; IRON 2.8mg; SODIUM 379mg; CALC 73mg