California Crepe Rolls
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Cooking Light Magazine, April 1999.
- 1 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- uncooked short-grain rice
- 1/4 c
- water, divided
- 3 Tbsp
- low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- wasabi powder
- crepes, homemade or purchased
- 20 small
- spinach leaves
- 30 medium
- shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 20 slice
- peeled avocado peeled (about 1 avocado, 1/8-inch thick)
- 5 tsp
- sesame seeds, toasted
How to Make California Crepe Rolls
- 1Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cool slightly (rice will be sticky).
- 2Combine 2 tablespoons water and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- 3Combine 2 tablespoons water and wasabi powder in a small bowl.
- 4Gently spread about 1/4 cup rice mixture over 1 crepe using moist fingertips. Place 2 spinach leaves on lower third of crepe. Arrange 3 shrimp and 2 avocado slices over spinach. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds. Roll up crepe jelly-roll fashion, pressing seam to seal.
- 5Cut roll crosswise into 4 slices. Repeat procedure with the remaining crepes, rice mixture, spinach, shrimp, avocado slices, and sesame seeds.
- 6Serve with soy sauce mixture and wasabi sauce.
- 7Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 4 crepe slices, 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce mixture, and about 1/2 teaspoon wasabi sauce).
- 8CALORIES 201 (21% from fat); FAT 4.6g (sat 0.9g, mono 2g, poly 1g); PROTEIN 12.8g; CARB 26.5g; FIBER 1.2g; CHOL 80mg; IRON 2.8mg; SODIUM 379mg; CALC 73mg