From that first sampling I was hooked and made many stops at "Danny's". Never did manage to beg, barter or borrow the recipe from those folks.
Next best thing -- Discern the tastes and attempt to duplicate it.
This comes close and is one of my favorite sauces for Breaded Shrimp and Hot Wings.
- large breaded shrimp a few or enough for a crowd
- oil for frying or deep frying
- 1/2 c
- frank's red hot buffalo wing sauce
- 1/3 stick
- 1/3 c
- real lemon or real lime
- 1/4 tsp
- tabasco sauce (optional for added heat)
- 1/3 c
- ketchup prefer heinz
- celery and carrot sticks and a bleu cheese and/or a ranch dressing for dipping
How to Make Buffalo Shrimp
- 1As with most things I have to try to take a good thing and try to make it better. Wouldn't know how to survive, if I couldn't put a personal touch to things. So this is what I do to Franks Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce, to make it my own.
- 2In microwave proof bowl combine the sauce ingredients and nuke on high for 3 minutes. It will sput and spatter so cover with a paper towel. After 3 minutes remove and mix well and combine. If needed nuke an additional 2 or 3 minutes, and again stir well. Makes about 1 1/2 cups. I make additional and store in a mason jar in fridge for up to two weeks
- 3Fry Breaded Shrimp in 1/4 inch oil in fry pan, or use deep fryer. Don't over fry or brown. Pour on warm sauce and combine well. Serve.
- 4A salad of greens or cottage cheese and sliced tomatoes along with a bread or roll of choice are fine accompaniments to Buffalo Shrimp. Fried Onion Rings would also work well. As would a little MGD or Beck's to quench the thirst and ease the fire.