Breakaway Seafood Bread
- chopped onion
- chopped bell pepper
- 2 c
- cooked shrimp or crumbled bacon
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- red pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- seasoning salt
- 2 c
- shredded mozarello, cheddar, or both cheeses
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 3 can(s)
- biscuts, cut into quarters
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
How to Make Breakaway Seafood Bread
- 1Saute' onion and bell pepper in about 1 tsp butter. Add shrimp and seasoning. Continue cooking until shrimp are pink. Allow to cool.
- 2If making bacon bread instead of seafood bread, fry 1 lb of bacon crisp, remove and crumble. Use 1 tsp of bacon drippings to saute' the veggies. When done, add seasoning and crumbled bacon. Set aside to cool.
- 3In a bowl, mix cheese(s) and sour cream. Add either seafood mixture or bacon mixture. Set aside.
- 4Dip biscuit pieces in butter. Layer 1/3 of the pieces in a lightly greased bunt pan. Pour half of seafood or bacon mixture on top. Repeat layers ending with biscuits.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Allow 15 minutes to cool. Invert onto serving plate.