Blue Ribbon Recipe
Savory, satisfying and perfectly crispy! This is a terrific, basic recipe for making delicious calamari at home. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Breaded Calamari
- 1Preheat oil in a heavy, deep frying pan or pot. Oil should be heated to 365º.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, oregano, and black pepper.
- 3Dredge squid through flour and spice mixture.
- 4Place breaded squid in oil for 2-3 minutes (I like to go for 2:30), or until light brown. Beware of overcooking, as it will be tough if overcooked.
- 5Dry on paper towels, serve with wedges of lemon.