10 smallchinese mushrooms
1/2 lbground pork
1finely chopped green onion
1 pkgwonton wrappers
1 tspsoy sauce, thin
1 tspoyster sauce
1 1/4 Tbspcornstarch
1/2 ccanola oil
4 Tbspcanola oil
How to Make Basic Wonton
- Boil Chinese mushrooms for 10 minutes, rinse, squeeze dry, cut off and discard stems; then, chop into very small pieces.
- Shell, devein and wash prawns.
- heat 4tbl spoons of oil in skillet and cook shrimp til pink and set aside
- brown pork, drain and set aside.
- Chop chestnuts into very small pieces, peel and crush water with the flat side of the cleaver.
- If you don't have a cleaver, chop the water chestnuts into very fine pieces.
- Add all other ingredients except wrappers and oil of course and mix well.
- 1 teaspoon of filling is used for each wonton.
- With one corner of the skin toward you, place 1 teaspoon of filling about an inch from the corner.
- Fold one corner to cover the filling.
- Turn once more...about 3/4 inch.
- Turn the wonton so that the triangle is toward you.
- Dampen the left corner with a little water.
- Swing the right corner away from you and place it on top of the dampened left corner.
- As you make this fold, simultaneously pull the filling toward you with your middle finger.
- You should finish with a little "hat-like" effect.
- heat 1/2 cup oil in skillet and fry for a few mins on med heat on each side until lightly brown. drain on paper towel.