Barbecued Prawns Wrapped in Bacon
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
16 largeprawns, shelled and deveined
How to Make Barbecued Prawns Wrapped in Bacon
- If using bamboo skewers, soak about 8 skewers in hot water to cover for 30 minutes.
- Cook bacon, a portion at a time, in a wide frying pan over medium heat until it is partially cooked but still limp (about 3 minutes). Drain on paper towels.
- Wrap each prawn in a slice of bacon.
- Arrange prawns in pairs on a flat surface with head ends hooked around one another and tails pointing in opposite directions.
- On 2 parallel bamboo or metal skewers, thread one pair of extra-colossal or 2 pairs of colossal prawns; prawns should lie flat. Repeat with remaining prawns.
- Place skewers on a well-greased grill 4 to 6-inches above a hot bed of coals. Cook turning prawns occasionally (10 to 12 minutes).
- Prawns should be firm and bacon should be crisp.