★★★★★ 2 votes5
12shrimp, jumbo uncooked
1 1/2 calmonds, sliced
6 cvegetable oil
How to Make Almond Fried Shrimp
- Peel, devein and butterfly shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Line large baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place flour in medium bowl; add salt.
- Whisk milk and eggs in large bowl.
- Dredge shrimp (not tails) in seasoned flour; shake off excess.
- Dip shrimp (not tails) in milk mixture.
- Press almonds over shrimp, coating all but tails.
- Place shrimp on prepared sheet and curl tails up over shrimp.
- Freeze until firm, about 1 1/2 hours. (Can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover with foil.)
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan to 350.
- Loosen shrimp from paper.
- Add frozen shrimp to oil in batches and cook until deep golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels using slotted spoon and let drain.
- Divide shrimp among plates. Serve with cocktail sauce, tartar sauce and lemon wedges.