Afterburners with Spicy Quesco Dip
- unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- jalapeño peppers
- 6 slice
- bacon, cut n half lengthwise
- small onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 pkg
- (16-oz.) pepper jack velveta, cubed
- 1 can(s)
- 1 (10-oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips (if desired)
How to Make Afterburners with Spicy Quesco Dip
- 1For Appetizers:
Peel shrimp, and devein.
Cut a slit in each jalapeño pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a jellyroll pan.
Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is cooked. Serve warm.
- 3Combine cheese, tomatoes, and onion mixture in a large microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes, stirring every 2 1/2 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- 4Serve with the Shrmp appetizers and tortilla chips (if desired).