The "No one would eat" Teriyaki Chicken Wings
It was so funny! She said "they aren't burnt it's just the sugar the sauce". She was so right! They are great.
How to Make The "No one would eat" Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- 1One tip I did not put in there was something I just learned, is that if you put the chicken wings in a steaming basket and steam for about 10 minutes it renders a lot of fat, save some calories. Also soak in buttermilk for a few hours for extra moist wings.
- 2Mix corn starch and water in a small bowl, put to the side.
- 3Combine the rest in a 2 qt. sauce pan. Add the corn starch slurry, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, and stir frequently for 30 minutes.
- 4Pour half of the sauce over the wings and base every 15 minutes with remaining sauce for the next hour.
- 5Oven temp 425, 9x13 glass baking dish
- 6NOTE: Pack drummies tight in the dish. They will be very dark but they are NOT burnt! HA! My poor sister:)