Spicy Chicken Tortilla Roll Ups
- 2 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 14 oz can of rotel diced tomatoes drained.
- 12 oz
- soft cream cheese
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 3 tsp
- chili powder
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1/4 c
- chopped cilantro
- scallions with the white and green parts chopped
- 8 large
- flour tortillas
How to Make Spicy Chicken Tortilla Roll Ups
- 1Season the chicken breasts with salt, half of the cumin, and 1 tsp of the chili powder. Add chicken to a large skillet with 1 cup of water. Cover and cook on medium high heat until cooked through. You can add more water if necessary. Once the chicken is cooked, cool and shred with 2 forks.
- 2In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, drained tomatoes, cheese, remaining spices, garlic, cilantro, and scallions. Mix well; add cooled shredded chicken and stir together.
- 3Lay out tortillas and divide mixture evenly on the center of each. Spread into a thin layer leaving the edges clean. Roll each tortilla up tightly. Do not fold in the ends like you would a burrito but leave them free. Use a sharp knife and cut into 1 inch thick slices then transfer to a serving platter. Refrigerate until you serve.