SatayAjam with spicy peanut butter sauce (Indonesian chicken kabobs)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 large4-5 pound chicken
4 Tbspkecap manis
4 Tbsppeanut butter
1/2 tspcrushed red pepper
1/2 tspmaple syrup
1 Tbspkecap manis
How to Make SatayAjam with spicy peanut butter sauce (Indonesian chicken kabobs)
- Remove chicken from bone and cut into one inch pieces.
- Marinate chicken in kecap manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce), salt, and pepper for at least 2 hours, preferably overnite.
- Soak skewers if using bamboo for about an hour. Skewer chicken pieces, leaving a bit of space between each piece.
- Make the sauce. In a medium sized sauce pan, simmer together the water, peanut butter, red pepper, maple syrup, and kecap. Let simmer on low heat until smooth.
- Grill skewers until completely done but still moist.
- Pour sauce over skewers and serve.
- Note: If you like spice, try sambal (Indonesian pickled red pepper condiment)instead of the crushed red pepper flakes. Most good oriental grocery suppliers have an Indonesian offering.