Carol Wiley Ganger
- 2 lb
- chicken wings, split at joint, tips removed
- 3 pkg
- (1-ounce ea) ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 c
- pepper to taste
- 3 large
- 1 1/2-2 c
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 c
- hot sauce
- 1/4 c
How to Make Ranch Wings
- 1Toss the wings with 1 package of dressing mix in bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 2Whisk the flour, pepper and 1 package of dressing mix in a large bowl.
In another bowl, whisk the eggs, 2 Tablespoons of warm water and the remaining package of dressing mix.
Dredge the wings a few at a time in the seasoned flour, then dip into the egg mixture, return to the four mixture ,turning to coat. Transfer to a rack to rest.
- 3Heat(at least 1/2 deep) vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat until fry thermometer registers approx.350 degrees F. Fry the wings in batches trying not to touch, turning occasionally, until crisp and golden brown, approx. 20 mins. Drain on rack.
Note: I use my microwave bacon cooker for draining wings, as seen in picture. It works out well.
Whisk hot sauce and honey over medium heat in a pan, bring to a slow simmer. Drizzle over wings. Enjoy!