Rachel Rays chicken lovebirds
Don't skip the fig preserves and the fontina cheese. Both make a wonderful pairing of flavors.
this always get raves.
One can also prepare a few hours ahead of time before baking.
Also I brushed with some melted butter instead of an egg wash.
I found out even the 8 appetizer amount could also serve as a main dish if served with a starch and vegetable
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- whole chicken breasts cut in half
- 1 sheet
- puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1/2 cup
- fig preserves
- slices fontina cheese
- 1 Tbs
- olive oil
- egg wash
How to Make Rachel Rays chicken lovebirds
- 1Preheat oven to 400f
- 2Lightly brown seasoned
( s&p and Rosemary ) chicken breasts in pan with olive oil, set aside
- 3Roll out thawed pastry with rolling pin: note, I rolled thinner then as is when unwrapped. cut into 4 to 8 equal pieces.
- 4Place a 2-3 inch square of cheese about 1/4-1/2 inch thick on pastry
- 5Top with some fig preserve
- 6Add a piece of chicken over preserves
- 7Pinch and seal pastry over top to enclose all well.Brush will egg wash
- 8Bake 12 to 15 minutes till golden