Pastel Deviled Eggs, Spicy Too!!
I did them by trial and error for the color...and forgot to take a picture of the final outcome!!
When we have family get-togethers I always bring the eggs...and the buffalo ones go the quickest!
How to Make Pastel Deviled Eggs, Spicy Too!!
- 1Peel and halve the eggs and scoop out the yolks and set aside.
- 2Place the halves of eggs into bowls with water and about 5 drops of food coloring. Make sure the water covers the eggs completely. The more coloring you put, the darker the eggs.
- 3I let the eggs sit in the water over night. I feel they retain the color much better after long hours in the food colored water.
If not, you need at least 3 hours to let the color get into the egg.
- 4Add the mayonnaise, celery salt, black pepper, garlic and mustard to the egg yolks and mash well.
- 5When ready to assemble the eggs, take them out of the water and dry them off. Then stuff the yolks back in the egg. (I use a piping bag to look pretty.)
I will then dip a fork into buffalo sauce and drizzle on to half of the eggs. I love spicy food and this really puts it over the top!
- 7Let the deviled eggs chill for at least 1/2 an hour.
They should be ready to eat and enjoy!!