Paper Wrapped Chicken
Thin slice beef also works in this recipe.
- 1 chicken breast half,skinned,boned,and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon each soy sauce and dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- oil,for deep frying
How to Make Paper Wrapped Chicken
- 1Combine chicken,soy sauce,sherry,ginger,garlic and sesame oil;marinate for 30 minutes to several hours. Cut eighteen 4-inch squares of parchment paper or foil.
Place a square of ppaper on a work surface,one corner facing you. Place 2 or 3 chicken cubes across center of square. fold south corner over chicken to 1/2 inch from north corner. Crease fold.Fold in east and west corners so that they overlap each other.and crease edges. Fold whole package toward north,forming an envelope shape. Tuck north corner into envelope and crease to seal. Repeat with remaining packages. IN a wok or deep pan,heat oil to 375 deg. Fry packages a few at a time,until paper turns golden brown (about 1 minute).
Slit open each package along folded edge before serving for quick unwrapping,or let each guest open.