Homemade Natural Corn Dogs
- 1 1/4 c
- organic corn meal
- 3/4 c
- whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 c
- seperated whole wheat pastry flour for dredging
- 1 1/2 tsp
- aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 2 Tbsp
- organic honey
- 3/4 c
- whole milk
- uncured all natural hot dogs
- 2 qt
- canola or grapeseed frying oil
How to Make Homemade Natural Corn Dogs
- 1Preheat 1-2″ oil in large pot to 375 degrees.
Skewer hot dogs. *You could also use a deep fryer for this also*
- 2Place cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt into the quart jar. Secure lid and shake until ingredients are combined.
Add eggs, milk and honey. Shake again until mixed thoroughly. Open jar and give batter a few stirs with a spoon to make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- 3Pour reserved 1/2 C flour onto plate and roll skewered hot dogs in flour to coat.
Dip hot dogs into jar several times to coat with batter making sure all parts of floured hot dog are coated. Let excess batter drip off.
Place corn dog in 375 degree oil and cook until golden brown.
Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- 4To Freeze:
Let corn dogs come to room temperature, then place in plastic freezer bag and freeze.
Corn dogs can remain in freezer for up to 3 months.
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees.
Bake corn dogs for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally.