How to Make Fried Chicken Gizzards
- 1First you want to prep gizzards for cooking. Remove gizzards from container and discard chicken hearts if they're present. Cut away excessive fat and gristle, then wash gizzards thoroughly under running cold water rubbing the gizzard to remove the fat. This is an important step. You want to remove as much fat as possible in order for the gizzards to be tender.
- 2Boil the gizzards. Add just enough water to cover the gizzards. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for about 60 minutes to tenderize.
- 3When done, drain completely in a colander. In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, except the oil and egg. Blend well.
- 4In a deep fryer or skillet, heat the oil. Dredge the gizzard pieces in flour mixture, then in the beaten egg and dredge again in flour mixture coating well. Fry in batches until golden and crisp.
- 5Drain on paper towel and serve hot. Serve these with sliced jalapenos and tartar sauce on the side for dipping.