Curried Chicken Roll-Ups
Lettuce wraps are a go-to lunch for me because they are fast and healthy. I switch up the meats, add cheese, different veggies and dressings….the options are endless….
This appetizer goes over well with guest because it's refreshingly light.
- chicken breast halves
- 2 c
- chicken broth or bouillion
- 3 to 4 tsp
- curry powder
- lettuce leaves (leaf or butter type)
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped chutney
- 1 c
- toasted coconut
How to Make Curried Chicken Roll-Ups
- 1combine chicken breast, broth and curry powder in medium size saucepan.
Bring to boil and simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- 2Remove from heat; refrigerate without draining, allowing chicken to cool in broth for several hours.
In the meantime, wash lettuce leaves and pat dry.
- 3Remove chicken breast from broth, remove and discard skin and bones.
Cut each half-breast into 6 to 8 fingers, each 2 to 3 inches in length and 1/2 inch wide.
Place each strip of chicken on lettuce leaf; fold in sides of leaf and roll up.
Secure with toothpick, if necessary.
Refrigerate rolls for several hours before serving.
- 4DIP FOR ROLLS:
Combine sour cream, sunflower seeds and chutney. Refrigerate until serving time.
Arrange chicken rolls on large platter or tray and toasted coconut in small bowls in center.
To serve, dunk rolls in dip, then in coconut.