Chicken Ranch Wings
2 lbchicken wings
2 Tbspdry ranch dressing/dip mix
1 tspdried parsley
1 tspseasoned salt
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tsponion powder
1 tspground ginger
1 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspall-purpose flour (only if oven baking - omit flour if grilling)
How to Make Chicken Ranch Wings
- To Grill (and serve hot):
Mix ranch rub ingredients. Pat wings as dry as possible. Then season generously with the ranch rub. Refrigerate uncovered for 4 to 24 hours. (24 hours is ideal.)
- Prepare grill for Indirect Heat with a drip pan in the middle (add water to the pan).
- Place chicken wings on grill, and grill for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done. Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- To Bake in Oven (and serve as cold appetizer):
Mix ranch rub ingredients. Add 1 tablespoon flour to rub mix, and blend well. Pat wings as dry as possible. Then season generously with the ranch rub. Refrigerate uncovered for 4 to 24 hours. (24 hours is ideal.)
- Preheat oven to 350F° (when ready to bake).
Tap off and remove any excess rub before baking. Bake on a wire rack above a baking sheet for 30 to 40 minutes and internal temperature reaches 170F°. Remove wings from the oven and cool before serving.
(NOTE: It's primarily intended as a cooled appetizer, but it also makes an excellent main dish if served hot off the grill or right from the oven.)