Chicken Fajita Pizzas
- cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- yellow onion, sliced
- red bell pepper, sliced
- green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp
- crushed red pepper or ground black pepper
- 16-ounce packages refrigerated grilled chicken strips
- 1 pkg
- 16 ounces, jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- 1 c
- medium salsa
- 8 slice
- deli sliced pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 c
- chopped cilantro, optional
How to Make Chicken Fajita Pizzas
- 1Preheat oven to 375°. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- 2In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers and sauté 5 minutes. Add salt, cumin and crushed red pepper, stir to combine. Add chicken strips and cook 5 minutes more, until chicken is heated through and vegetables are tender.
- 3Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit with a rolling pin to flatten to a ¼-inch thickness. Place 4 biscuits on each baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip each crust.
- 4Layer each crust with 2 tablespoons salsa, then top evenly with chicken mixture. Top each pizza with a slice of pepper jack cheese. Return to oven for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- 5Top each pizza with cilantro. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.