Chicken and black bean empanadas
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2-3 cshredded turkey
1 can(s)black beans (15oz) drained
1/2 cshredded pepper jack or monteray jack cheese
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cprepared salsa
2 Tbspro-tel diced tomatoes & green chilies
1 tspground cumin
2(9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
1egg, beaten with water if desired for egg wash
How to Make Chicken and black bean empanadas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, both cheeses, salsa, diced tomatoes, and cumin. Mix well to combine.
- Unroll pie crusts onto a flat surface, and using a 4 inch cutter cut out 6 circles.
- Divide chicken mixture into equal portions and place each portion on top of the pie crusts. Fold crusts over and pinch the edges together to seal. Using a fork crimp the edges of the pinched crusts to make hash marks to make sure they are sealed.
- Put empanadas on a baking sheet, and using a knife make a couple small slits in the top of them to allow steam to escape while they cook.
- (if desired) Brush with egg wash and place into preheated oven, baking for 15 minutes or until crust is a golden brown. May be served with sour cream or salsa.