2 lbchicken wings
1/4 cdark corn syrup
1/4 csoy sauce
1 Tbspcorn oil
2 tspginger, freshly minced
2 Tbspdry sherry
1/4 lbmushrooms, very small
1/2bamboo shoots, sliced
2green onions, cut into 2
1/2 cchicken broth
How to Make Bronzed Chicken Wings with Young Ginger
- Cut wing tips off chicken wings and place in shallow baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir together corn syrup and soy sauce.
- Pour over chicken wings; toss to coat well. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Drain; reserve marinade.
- In large heavy skillet, heat corn oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken wings and ginger; stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chicken wings to serving platter, keep warm.
- Stir together cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir into skillet while stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute and spoon over chicken wings.
- Makes 4 servings.