BLONDIE'S FLAMING HOT WINGS!
- as many lbs as you want. about a dozen wing sections per person if it is a meal
- water, enough to just cover the wings
- salt and pepper
- sliced grapefruit, oranges, lemons or limes
SERVE WITH BLONDIE'S WING SAUCE~HOT!
How to Make BLONDIE'S FLAMING HOT WINGS!
- 1Cut the wings in sections...save the little distal part of the wing (tips). You'll use these scraps to make a rich broth and freeze for a later date.
Place the wings in an appropriate size saucepan or dutch oven, or stock pot. Add water.
- 2Put pan on med-hi heat until the water comes to a boil. Now reduce the heat to about simmer to low.
Set your timer for 15 minutes.
- 3Now remove the wings from the pan and allow them to drain on paper towels. Pat them as dry as you can get them.
Now put the distal wingtips in the stock and allow the stock to reduce to 1/2 the volume it was when you took the wings out.
- 4After the wings are nice and dry, marinate the wings in some of the sauce. I brush it on both sides generously. Allow them to marinate about 1/2 hour.
In the meantime turn the oven on 500*
- 5Place the wings on a cookie sheet that has a raised edge, about 1 inch apart.
**TIP** line the cookie sheet with foil and spray it generously with Pam.
Let the wings bake for about 15 minutes on each side, but keep an eye on them. They are good with some black on them, but you don't want them to burn.
- 6In the meantime, slice your celery and carrots into 3-4 inch thin sticks. Set aside.
Pour each person some bleu cheese dressing in a ramekin, or small bowl.
When wings are done on both sides, serve buffet style and let everybody dig in.
- 7If you have any leftover sauce, freeze it for another time. The sauce is easily doubled or tripled depending on how many hungry people you're feeding.
Have some type of citrus cut into slices at each person's place, in case their tongues start burning. Just a small bite outta an orange, lemon, or grapefruit will chill the burn.