Authentic Buffalo Wings
How to Make Authentic Buffalo Wings
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and cayenne in a large bowl. Run a whisk through the mixture to make it light and fluffy.
- Take the wings and dredge them through the flour mixture.
- Set dredged wings aside as you finish dredging all pieces.
- When you see moisture seeping through the breading, dredge them again.
- Heat the cooking oil to 350 degrees in a large cast iron fryer. You will want enough oil to have the wings completely submerge when you place them in the oil.
- Dredge your wings one last time and fry in batches of ten to fifteen wings to an internal temp of 180.
- Drain wings on a paper towel, or if you can get one, a grocery store PAPER bag to remove excess oil.
- Mix 2 sticks of melted butter with 2 cups of hot sauce.
- Heat the mixture to a slow simmer. Put your wings in a few at a time, and coat well with the hot sauce mixture.
- Serve immediately with bleu cheese or ranch dipping sauce and celery and carrot sticks. ENJOY!