Sweet Cucumber Pickles
How to Make Sweet Cucumber Pickles
- 1Slice unpeeled cucumbers and simmer about 10 minutes with 2 cups vinegar, 3 tablespoons salt and 1 tablespoon mustard seed. Drain off liquid.
- 2Meanwhile, boil 3 cups vinegar, 5 cups sugar, celery seed and allspice until sugar dissolves.
- 3Put drained cucumbers and mustard seed in sterilized jars.
- 4Pour boiling syrup over cucumbers to cover.
- 5Makes about 4 to 5 pints and will keep for months in the cabinet.
- 6Lawanda noted that this recipe came from Hawaii.