Sweet Corn and Jalapeno Dip
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
16 ozcream cheese
3/4 csour cream
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
2 or 3 Tbspcanned jalapeno slices, finely chopped (can vary according to taste or spiciness) or you can use fresh if desired—make sure the fresh are seeded and chopped
15 ozcan of super sweet yellow and white corn, well-drained
2 cshredded mexican blend cheese, divided into 1 ½ cups and ½ cup
How to Make Sweet Corn and Jalapeno Dip
- 1. In large bowl combine cream cheese and sour cream and beat until smooth.
- 2. Beat in taco seasonings and jalapenos. Beat into this mixture one of the 1 1/2 C of the shredded cheese.
- 3. Fold in the corn and mix well.
- 4. Place mixture into a 9-inch square or comparable sized prepared baking dish (sprayed with non-stick).
- 5. Cover the top with the remaining 1/2 C of the shredded cheese.
- 6. Garnish top with a few sprinkles of taco seasoning.
- 7. Bake at 300 degrees F until cheese is melted and bubbly. Be careful not to overbake because the dip will lose the creaminess--you just want to get it heated through but retain the creaminess.
- 8. Serve hot with tortilla chips.