How to Make Swedish Nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place nuts on a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove nuts, and melt butter on pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in the sugar and salt.
- Fold in toasted nuts into egg white mixture.
- Arrange the coated nuts in a single layer on the buttered pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning nuts with spatula every 10 minutes, until outside is crisp and golden.
- Cool, and store in an airtight container.