Stiff Arm Stuffed Mushrooms
Blue Ribbon Recipe
A great appetizer! This is a terrific fix-ahead bite for your next soiree. The Test Kitchen
24medium fresh mushrooms (about 1 pound)
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
4 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/4 cchopped sweet onion (1 small)
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 cherb seasoning stuffing
3 ozless fat Neufchatel, softened
3 Tbspreal bacon bits
3 Tbspgrated Parmesan cheese
2 tspdried parsley flakes (or 2 tablespoons fresh)
How to Make Stiff Arm Stuffed Mushrooms
- With soft brush (I use a basting brush) or clean soft cloth, gently wipe any dirt from the mushrooms.
- Remove stems and cut a thin slice from top of each mushroom cap so mushrooms are level. Chop stems and thin slices to make 1 cup. Set aside
- In saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter. Brush (basting brush) mushroom caps with butter. Place mushroom caps in a shallow baking pan, cavity side up.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat (use same saucepan used for butter), add chopped mushroom stems/slices, onion, garlic, and cook until tender. Remove from heat. Add herb stuffing, Neuchatel, bacon bits, Parmesan, and parsley. Mix lightly but thoroughly. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Cover with plastic-wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes