Stiff Arm Stuffed Mushrooms
Blue Ribbon Recipe
A great appetizer! This is a terrific fix-ahead bite for your next soiree. The Test Kitchen
- medium fresh mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 c
- chopped sweet onion (1 small)
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 c
- herb seasoning stuffing
- 3 oz
- less fat Neufchatel, softened
- 3 Tbsp
- real bacon bits
- 3 Tbsp
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp
- dried parsley flakes (or 2 tablespoons fresh)
How to Make Stiff Arm Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1With soft brush (I use a basting brush) or clean soft cloth, gently wipe any dirt from the mushrooms.
- 2Remove stems and cut a thin slice from top of each mushroom cap so mushrooms are level. Chop stems and thin slices to make 1 cup. Set aside
- 3In saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter. Brush (basting brush) mushroom caps with butter. Place mushroom caps in a shallow baking pan, cavity side up.
- 4Heat olive oil over medium heat (use same saucepan used for butter), add chopped mushroom stems/slices, onion, garlic, and cook until tender. Remove from heat. Add herb stuffing, Neuchatel, bacon bits, Parmesan, and parsley. Mix lightly but thoroughly. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each mushroom cap.
- 5Cover with plastic-wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes