How to Make Smoked Salmon Nigiri-Zushi
- Slice the salmon into bite sized pieces.
- Put a little wasabi on one side of the fish.
- Moisten your hands with water and place a small ball of sushi rice in your palm, about 2 tablespoons.
- Press the fish, wasabi-side down, onto the rice.
- Gently hand-sculpt and shape it into an oblong. The rice has to be tight enough to hold a shape, but loose enough to melt in your mouth.
- Serve with soy sauce for dipping and additional wasabi and pickled ginger, if desired.
Dip in soy sauce, fish first, not rice.