How to Make Smoked Salmon Nigiri-Zushi
- 1Slice the salmon into bite sized pieces.
- 2Put a little wasabi on one side of the fish.
- 3Moisten your hands with water and place a small ball of sushi rice in your palm, about 2 tablespoons.
- 4Press the fish, wasabi-side down, onto the rice.
- 5Gently hand-sculpt and shape it into an oblong. The rice has to be tight enough to hold a shape, but loose enough to melt in your mouth.
- 6Serve with soy sauce for dipping and additional wasabi and pickled ginger, if desired.
Dip in soy sauce, fish first, not rice.