Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- extra large jumbo eggs
- 4 Tbsp
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c
- 4 oz
- salmon, smoked
- 3 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 6-10 dash(es)
- hot sauce (preferably the green kind)
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
AHOY MATEY! DEVILED EGGS
How to Make Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- 1Gently place the eggs in a large sauce pan, cover with cold water by an inch. Bring to a boil. As soon as the water starts to boil, turn off the heat and cover the sauce pan. Let the eggs sit for 11 minutes. Run the eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle.
- 2While eggs are boiling, mince the salmon into fine pieces with a fork. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, mustard, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, and lemon juice. (With hot pepper sauce, start with a few dashes. Adjust later.) Set aside.
- 3Peel the shells from the eggs. Slice eggs lengthwise. Put the yolks in a medium sized bowl. Mash yolks. Mix in cream cheese mixture. Stir in salmon pieces. Taste. You may or may not want to add salt. If the mixture is too thick for your liking, add a little mayonnaise. Add more pepper sauce if you like.
- 4With a teaspoon, scoop the yolk mixture into the egg white halves. You can be generous because you will have a lot of the yolk mixture. Sprinkle egg halves with chives. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. (Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before eating.)