3 lbmushrooms, whole, large
1 lbitalian sausage, mild
4 ozparmigiano-reggiano, grated
1 lbthree cheese mexican blend
2 Tbspred wine
How to Make savory stuffed mushrooms
- destem mushroom caps and retain stems
- place mushroom caps on sheet pan
- cube havarti 1/2 in cubes
- in a food processor combine mushroom stems, 3 oz. parmigiano-reggiano, three cheese blend, egg, garlic, red wine, salt and pepper. start blending. add havarti as you blend so havarti does not bog down processor. blend until smooth.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- in a large mixing bowl add sausage, and blended mix. Fold together until combinded.
- stuff caps generously and top with remaining parmigiano-reggiano and place in oven
- bake 35-40 minutes until lightly browned on top