Savory Pesto Palmiers
1 pkgpepperidge farm puff pastry dough (2 sheets per pack, you'll use both)
1 smallcontainer of fresh pesto (buitoni is very good)
1 smalljar of chopped sundried tomatos (drained)
1 smallcan sliced black olives (drained)
1 smallgoat cheese plain or with herbs
1/2 cpinoli nuts
How to Make Savory Pesto Palmiers
- Place 1/2 cup Pinoli nuts in a pan and cook nuts for about a minute (just enough to lightly brown) set aside and let cool.
- On a floured surface unfold puff pastry dough and roll lightly with rolling pin.
- Take about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the fresh pesto spread all over dough covering completely.
- Sprinkle with sundried tomatoes, black olives, crumbled goat cheese and pinoli nuts.
- Take one end of dough and fold over half way to middle, the take other end and do the same and repeat.
- Slice with a sharp knife, place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.