Sausage and Cheese Yumbo's
How to Make Sausage and Cheese Yumbo's
- 1Remove bread dough from container and set aside
- 2In a hot skillet brown the sausage together with the onion till the sausage is crumbly
- 3Place it all in a bowl lined with paper towels and leave to drain well and cool
- 4On a lightly floured board, roll the dough out into a football shape about 14" long and 12" wide then transfer to a cookie sheet
- 5In a large bowl combine the sausage, onions and cheeses mixing well
- 6Spoon the sausage cheese mixture in a football shape down the middle of the dough. Carefully pull the dough around the sausage and pinch to seal the dough closed. It should resemble a football.
- 7Bake the roll according to package directions. If you like you can brush it with some beaten egg prior to baking for a sheen but its not neccesary.
- 8Remove from the oven and transfer to a platter, then cut into 1-2" slices with a serrated knife. You might want to put the second one in the oven at this point because the first one is going to dissappear fast...