Sausage and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 oz
- fresh portabello mushrooms stems removed
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, soften
- 1 Tbsp
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- freshly grated swiss cheese
- 1/2 lb
- fresh ground sausage, mild, hot or sweet
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 c
- french fried onions
How to Make Sausage and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1Wash your mushrooms with a damp paper towel, remove stems, set aside. Brown your sausage in a skillet until all pink is gone.
- 2Place french onions in a small bowl and crush. I used my mortar and pestle to crush them up.
- 3In a small bowl combine the cheeses, sour cream and seasonings. Mix well. Once sausage is done add it to the cream cheese mixture.
- 4Once the mushrooms are filled, pick them up individually and dunk, just the top, in the crushed french onions. (I used these instead of using breadcrumbs).
- 5Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 350° oven.
- 6Note: I apologize for the bad picture but it was the best my camera could do. I know get a new camera! LOL!