Sausage and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
8 ozfresh portabello mushrooms stems removed
4 ozcream cheese, soften
1 Tbspsour cream
1/2 cfreshly grated swiss cheese
1/2 lbfresh ground sausage, mild, hot or sweet
1 Tbspgarlic powder
·freshly ground pepper
1 cfrench fried onions
How to Make Sausage and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Wash your mushrooms with a damp paper towel, remove stems, set aside. Brown your sausage in a skillet until all pink is gone.
- Place french onions in a small bowl and crush. I used my mortar and pestle to crush them up.
- In a small bowl combine the cheeses, sour cream and seasonings. Mix well. Once sausage is done add it to the cream cheese mixture.
- Once the mushrooms are filled, pick them up individually and dunk, just the top, in the crushed french onions. (I used these instead of using breadcrumbs).
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 350° oven.
- Note: I apologize for the bad picture but it was the best my camera could do. I know get a new camera! LOL!